Thursday, February 3, 2011

"Quotes?"

I have a facebook friend who posts a quote every day. I used to find the practice, and many of the quotes somewhat trite and inauthentic. However, I couldn't help but notice (as well as respect) that the different quotes were obviously meaningful to people. The comments people posted when a quote resonated with them were proof of this. 


My attitude has really changed from one of annoyance to one of appreciation. Now I enjoy thinking about what he's posted and what type of situation the person who comments that they love it is in. It's really an example to me of the saying (or quote) "Wehn the student is ready, the teacher will come." 


I would love to hear some quotes that people have found helpful and meaningful, and what was happening that made the timing so serendipitous.


Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment